Prof. Dr. Hamdy Abdel Azim
Current Positions and Titles
- Chairman of Kasr Al-Ainy School Of Oncology (KASO), official Cancer education organization, Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
- Professor of Clinical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- President of Africa Middle East Cancer Research Inter group.
- Referee for the Annals of Oncology Journal, THE BREAST, The Breast Journal (TBJ), BMC Cancer, Chemotherapy journal , Advances in Cancer Research & Treatment , Journal of the Egyptian National Cancer Institute, and the Chinese Clinical Oncology Journal.
- Past chairman of the Oncology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University.
- First to represent the Middle East countries on the ASCO international committee, for a period of 5 years ( May 1997-May 2002)
- Chief editor of 2 educational books ASCO PANARAB Lymphoma Conference (1999) and the MD Anderson Cancer Centre / Cairo University joint meeting (2006)
- More than 80 scientific and research publications.
- Scientist of the Year from the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, UK (2002)
- The Order of Merit,Cambridge University (2002)
- The Best Arab Oncologist from the Lebanese Society of Medical Oncology (LSMO,2004)
- The recognition award for significant contribution to the Oncology field in the middle east from UAE (Dubai -2013)
- Dr Azim signed the Charter of Paris against Cancer on behalf of the Arab World in February 2000.
Clinical Oncology, Cairo University (1986)
Clinical Oncology, Cairo University (1982)